Art-project «Magical Pages»
Installation of benches, which done in the form of an open book with an illustration of the best children’s pieces.
Each bench is a unique book, which depicts an illustration of the fairy tale of one of the most famous writers.
Fairy tales promote absorption of essential human and moral values. They very clearly display the various oppositions: courage and cowardice, wealth and poverty, hard work and laziness, ingenuity and stupidity. Among other things, such the fact, that at the end of fairy tales, good triumphs above evil, is the most important factor in the education of children.
Once Einstein was asked how can we do our children more smarter. His answer was very simple and wise: «If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales». He knew all value of reading and imagination. We hope that we can convey to our children a world where they will be read and them will read, where they will imagine and understand.
We propose implementing this project in Odessa city, by setting art-benches on behalf of Odessites in various parts of the city. Will be presented to the sketches of drawings on the subject of our project to select illustrations for each bench.
The proposed list of fairy tales for illustrations:
1) Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll.
2) Beauty and the Beast – Charles Perrault.
3) Cinderella – Charles Perrault.
4) The Tale of the Fisherman and the Fish – Alexander Pushkin.
5) The Adventures of Pinocchio – Carlo Collodi.
6) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Brothers Grimm.
7) The Little Mermaid – Hans Christian Andersen.
8) The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
9) Thumbelina – Hans Christian Andersen.
10) The Snow Queen – Hans Christian Andersen.
11) Kotyhoroshko – Ukrainian Folk Tale.
12) Kyrylo Kozhemyaka – Ukrainian Folk Tale.
Cost of the Project – 27,000.00 UAH per bench;
Sources of financing – by private or corporate funds, available payment via MC, VISA
Additional information upon request.